|Best Time to Visit||May – September & November – February|
Alpather Lake Trek also known as Frozen Lake Trek. It is located in Aparawat. This lake remains frozen till June. It is located at a height of 4511 meters and is triangular in shape. It is 13 kilometers away from Gulmarg.
The lake is surrounded by scenic hilly snow-capped terrains. The lake lies at the foot of Apharwat peaks. Alpather Lake has situated, away from the city of flowers that is one of the most popular tourist destinations.
The frozen lake also shows the static and stoic side of every person’s life. The glistening rays of Sun manifest the colorful and blissful soul of the Alpather Lake. It is a popular tourist place. The lake is frozen even in summers.
Alpather Lake offers you to spend the leisure time. You can also enjoy a picnic with family and friends here, as this place is surrounded by lush green vegetation and lush green meadows.
Trekkers can also opt for the second option of traveling that is horse riding. To cover the whole trek on a horse, will give you a different experience and Joy. Alpather Lake gives you a unique experience of trekking in the Himalayas.
Also Read: Nubra Valley Trek-A Trek Worth to Visit
One can also see white small icebergs that are beautiful to watch. The trek includes natural surroundings, frozen Lake flanked by towering mountains, and the myriad colored flowers.
This lake is a picturesque place and this is a paradise for photographers. One can also easily view the Line of Control that is the line dividing India and Pakistan. You can also see the Pir Panjal ranges and other famous Himalayan ranges from this peak.
It also acts as a playground for ski and snowboard enthusiasts. The lush greenery and snow-covered mountains make this place a perfect place for the trekkers.
This trek is eligible for all the trekkers whether they are new or well experienced. Adventure lover and enthusiasts can also continue their trek from Khilanmarg to reach the Alpathar Lake.
As it is located at a height of 4511 meters, the lake is covered with snow throughout the years which attracts many trekkers. Trekkers will definitely enjoy the spectacular view of the snowcapped peaks and frozen lakes. This trek is a great combination of thrill, rejuvenation, and joy that will be always remembered in your life.
Highlights of Alpather Lake Trek
- Alpather Lake gives you a perfect opportunity to explore the best places there.
- This trek also gives an opportunity to experience some of the most remote villages of Gulmarg.
- The trek also gives an opportunity to experience the Himalayas of Gulmarg through the locals.
- Trekkers can also enjoy the beautiful. The mesmerizing beauty of mighty peaks such as the Pir Panjal range and other Himalayan Peaks.
- The place includes pleasant scenery, blooming flowers, thick forests, and streams because of which it is a major and famous tourist place for picnics.
- Trekkers can also interact with local people and can learn and know about their style, culture and a happy life without modern technologies.
Alpather lake lies around 13 km away from the Gulmarg town. In between, you will pass through the main points of the trek which is Khilanmarg than Aparwat Ridge. After that, you will reach your destination which is Alpather Lake.
What To Pack
Here is your checklist for your treks. Make sure to pack these items.
- A rucksack with rain cover
- A Hand/Head Torch with spare batteries
- UV Protection Sunglasses
- A trekking pole
- Water Bottle
- A Full Sleeve Thick Jacket
- A Full Sleeve Sweater
- Thermal Inners
- Toilet Kit
- Hot Water Bags
- Socks (3 pairs)
- Light wind jacket
- Trekking pants
- Warm hat
- Light gloves
- Duffel bag
- A lightweight umbrella.
- Money pouch/belt
- Energy bars
- Vitamin tablets
- Non-skid deep trod hiking shoes -1
- Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals -1
Also Read: Yamunotri Trek
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicine kit. Make sure you consult your doctor before the trek in case you have any special ailment.
- Dry fruits, energy bars