Cycling is also known as bicycling and biking. It is a perfect exercise and sport. People who love to do this activity are referred to as cyclists, bikers, or bicyclists. The cyclist also uses different types of cycles such as unicycles, quadricycles, and tricycles. In India, cycling is just an adventure sport but in some other countries, Cycles are the principal means of transportation.
Cycling has always been a favorite activity for adventure lovers. Cycling increases our concentration level and is also very helpful in increasing the height of the body. This adventure activity will make you feel very sweaty and exhausted, but this activity allows us to move freely in the air. Cycling gives you a unique experience, especially on India’s rough roads.
India is one of the best places for cyclists as it caters to all the needs one is looking for. Cycling is one of the best adventurous activities that one can do as you can get out of city life and can indulge in nature’s beauty. The cyclist will get an opportunity to explore the unexplored roads of the Himalayan Mountains. Cyclists should be mentally and physically fit as cycling includes a lot of endurance, stamina, patience, and most importantly courage. You will surely love this adventurous activity.
Equipment of Cycling:
1) Bicycle / Bike: Bicycle is driven by the rider or the cyclist with the help of pedaling. No mechanical or electrical machinery is attached to the bicycle. It is one of the most important equipment for cycling. 185 centimeter is the maximum length of the bicycle. A bicycle is completely a human-powered machine.
2) Socks: There are two types of socks for cyclists and is directly related to the weather condition. Thermo lite fabric socks are for chill weather and Air Mesh socks are for hot temperatures. These socks are specially designed to avoid pain from the cyclist while doing the legwork.
3) Helmet: Helmet is one of the most important safety equipment as this will help the cyclist to reduce the risk of the face and head injuries. Cycling helmets have an inner layer of EPS foam which absorbs a shock and also manages the crash.
4) Glasses: Glasses are mostly used during road races. These glasses are made up of a single lens and help to protect the eyes of cyclists from all the changing weather conditions of rain, sun, wind, foreign particle, and dust.
5) Cycling Shoes: Pedaling shoes are also very important for cyclists as it has thick soles which help to hold on the pedals providing proper grip and comfort.
6) Gloves: Gloves helps to hold the handlebar and provides proper grip.
7) Bib Shorts: Bib Shorts are the skinny shorts made up of Lycra material and is lightweight.
8) Base Layer Suit: Base Layer suit is worn on the top of the bib shorts. This suit is made up of fine fabric. This suit helps to maintain body temperature and also manage moisture due to change in the weather condition.
9) Jersey: Short-sleeved skin-tight jersey that is made up of nylon material and is also very colorful. It is not necessary to wear a jersey during cycling.
Top 18 Routes of India That are Perfect for Cycling:
|1.||Chennai – Pondicherry||Easy||It is one of the easiest roads for cycling. This road is a dream ride for every cyclist as this route is famous for its seaside sights and views.|
|2||Kochi – Backwaters||Easy||Early morning ride on the Kochi coast is heavenly beautiful. This route crosses through some of the small villages of fishermen and lush coconut trees.|
|3||Mumbai – Daman||Moderate||Daman is a perfect place for tourists as it has everything such as forts, beaches, casinos, and cheap liquor. This cycling route is very exciting and is surrounded by lots of spectacular views.|
|4||Somnath – Diu||Moderate||Diu is located in Gujarat. This route is full of sights that are simply beautiful. This trek will surely give you a unique experience.|
|5||Rameshwaram||Moderate||This route is known to be one of the best places in India for cycling. This route is surrounded by blue waters.|
|6||Mangalore – Goa||Moderate||This route is surrounded by Maravanthe beach on one side and the Suparnika river on the other side. This place is a picture-perfect place and is perfect for cyclists who are nature lovers.|
|7||Coorg – Munnar||Moderate||This route crosses through aromatized plantations. The cyclist will enjoy their ride through twisting green roads, hills, and forests.|
|8||Goa||Moderate||Cycling in Goa starts from the Arabian Sea coast and ends at Netravali village. The cyclist will get an opportunity to witness sandy beaches and also dense forests.|
|9||Rajasthan||Moderate||Picture perfect views of beautiful forts and mesmerizing lakes are breathtaking.|
|10||Mumbai – Trivandrum||Moderate||Cycling through this route will satisfy you’re craving for adventure. This route will fulfill all your needs.|
|11||Leh – Khardung La||Tough||This route is known as the world’s highest motorable road. It is one of the most difficult routes for Cyclists but its beautiful views will surely mesmerize you.|
|12||Shillong – Cherapunjee||Tough||Cyclists should go on cycling on this route as the view from this route is jaw-dropping. This place is also famous for its most hilly terrains.|
|13||Gangtok – Nathula Pass||Tough||This route is breathtaking and is located near the Indo – Chinese border in Sikkim.|
|14||Kalimpong – Zuluk||Tough||This route is the old silk route. It is believed that this route is very difficult terrain.|
|15||Bhalukpong – Tawang||Tough||The roads in this place is not very easy. This route will give you a unique experience. It is one of the most adventurous cycling routes and is perfect for adventure lovers.|
|16||Manali – Spiti Valley||Tough||Cyclists will reach the highest village in the world. A cyclist can also enjoy knowing about Himachali culture and tradition.|
|17||Zanskar||Tough||This route tests your endurance. Cyclists will surely love to ride at a high altitude.|
|18||Manali – Leh (via Rohtang Pass)||Tough||Cyclists should be physically fit as the air here is very thin. This route might be tough. This route is surrounded by the walls of snow.|