|BEST TIME TO VISIT||April to June & October to December|
Chandrashila Trek is the best trek for the adventure lovers. It acts as vibrant colors to the Himalayas. It is one of the famous and favorite trekking routes for all kinds of travelers as well. This trek is famous especially in summers when the whole place is filled with rhododendron flowers.
The entire region is covered with spine-chilling snow in winters. One can also enjoy looking at eastern and western peaks of Uttarakhand during trekking through the trek. You can also feel blessed by experiencing peaks from the top of Chandrashila. This trek goes through the beautiful lake of Deoritalvand.
On proceeding to the vast forest greenery with high chances to spot many rare birds and wild species. The starting point of Chandrashila summit trek is always Tungnath. This place includes captivating beauty with the help of many deodar and rhododendron forests. Chopta is the place which has a beautiful collection of panoramic sights that will surely bewitch the visitors.
This trek is one of the most enchanting short treks and it lies in the Garhwal region of Himalayas. There is a minimal sign of civilization and abundance of flora and fauna as this hike is in a protected area. Chopta valley is located at an altitude of 2680 meters above sea level.
Also Read: Dainkund Peak-A Trek to Singing Hills
It is surrounded by a forest of Oak, Rhododendron, and Deodar. This place is also known as Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand. Chandrashila is located 1.5 kilometers from Tungnath. It is situated at a height of 4000 meters (13000 feet). This place is an unspoiled destination lying in the lap of Uttarakhand Himalayas. The meaning of Chandrashila is actually a Moon rock.
This trek is ideal for the enthusiastic trekkers. The Chandrashila peak is the place where according to legendary tales, Lord Rama meditated after the defeating the King of the demons-Ravana. This place had one more legendary tales that Moon God-Chandra used to spend time in penance. It is the best trek for nature lovers as well as adventure lovers.
Chandrashila Trek is famous for its summits. This trek is relatively short and beautiful and it covers a scenic view of the Himalayan range of peaks. Chandrashila boasts of enthralling scenic beauty. You can also enjoy coming across attractive flora, fauna, and avifauna. This exotic location is not much explored but attracts a lot of trekkers and nature lovers to this place. The lush velvet meadows of this place make it an ideal location for camping.
Some activities in Chopta are
1) Camping and trekking
3) Survival activity
4) Snow trekking
5) Snow skiing
6) Rock craft, rock climbing, rappelling.
1) Chandrashila Trek is paradise for bird watchers as birding is a favorite activity here.
2) It is also a great place for nature lovers as nature lovers in plenty from different regions are also attracted to this place.
3) The lakeside picnic is also a favorite activity and can be the best to do with family as it gives peace to the soul.
4) You can also watch the blossoms in the forest ranges around.
5) Experience the small houses of the valleys and their stay at Himalayan eco-lodges and huts.
Haridwar – Devprayag
Devprayag – Rudrapyag
Rudrapyag – Ukhimath
Ukhimath – Chopta
Chopta – Tungnath
Tungnath – Chandrashila.
What To Pack
Here is your checklist for your treks. Make sure to pack these items.
- A rucksack with rain cover
- A Hand/Head Torch with spare batteries
- UV Protection Sunglasses
- A trekking pole
- Water Bottle
- A Full Sleeve Thick Jacket
- A Full Sleeve Sweater
- Thermal Inners
- Toilet Kit
- Hot Water Bags
- Non-skid deep trod hiking shoes -1
- Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals -1
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicine kit. Make sure you consult your doctor before the trek in case you have any special ailment.
- Dry fruits, energy bars