|BEST TIME TO VISIT||Open All Around the Year|
Nag Tibba, trek starts from the Pantwari village which is approximately 6 hour drive from Dehradun. This small trek in the Shivalik range of lower Himalayas is the recent addition to the ‘Weekend Trek’. It is the highest peak (9,915 ft) in the Nag Tibba range of the Garhwal Himalayas.
The trek takes you through dense forests rich in flora and fauna and presents stunning views of Bandarpoonch peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Changabang. This trek to the Nag Tibba summit is of 8 kms and the best time to walk it up is post monsoon i.e. from October to March.
The trek is easy, anyone with a normal fitness can do this trek. Another great attraction of this trip is the camping experience. There are beautiful meadows and thick jungles along the trail offering numerous scenic camping locations. Nag Tibba trek is suitable for people of all age groups. The trek offers some of the best camping locations. The route goes through thick deodar forest.
- Drive to Pantwari & trek to Nag Mandir Campsite
- Nag Mandir – Nag Tibba Summit & Return to Nag Mandir
- Nag Mandir to Auntar (8 Kms)
What To Pack
Here is your checklist for your treks. Make sure to pack these items.
- A rucksack with rain cover
- A Hand/Head Torch with spare batteries
- UV Protection Sunglasses
- A trekking pole
- Warm Clothes / Thermals
- First Aid Kit
- Non-skid deep trod hiking shoes -1
- Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals -1
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicine kit. Make sure you consult your doctor before the trek in case you have any special ailment.
- Dry fruits, energy bars