|GRADE||Moderate to Difficult|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||March-June and October-November|
Tirthan Valley is situated in Kullu District in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is a land that is untouched and mystified beauty and is a destination with a plethora of delights. It is heaven for the people who love to be close to nature and want to explore the beauty of nature. It is located at a height of 1600m. It is a paradise for nature lovers and is situated 3kms away from the entrance of the Great Himalayan National Park.
These places also have some of the best adventurous activities. This place is famous for its Trout fishing. This valley offers you a great view of the great Himalayas which is covered with snow with the mesmerizing sound of Tirthan River. It is the best place for nature lovers as well as adventure lovers. Tirthan also has amazing weather throughout the year.
The paths and treks or routes are covered with lush greenery and magical ambiance. It is the best place to visit during summers as at that of the time the temperature range is pleasant. It is also a good place to visit for solo travelers who love to pass some alone time. The sky-high mountains look so amazing. There are different types of treks that last from 4 to 15 days. One can rich approximately 4000m high. It is also a perfect place for camping and trekking.
Some Best Places to Visit in Tirthan Valley
Trekking in Great Himalayan National Park.
Interesting facts about Tirthan Valley
- This place is the finest forests of Western Himalayas before meeting the Beas River at Larji. Gushani is being the most preferred stay option.
- Tirthan is the best place for bird watchers as it is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- Hidden waterfall in the forested valley of Rolla village, Tirthan. This place gives you joy as well as inner peace.
- The locals still live in a traditional way and maintain their old rituals of the local temple.
- Chehni Kothi which is a 1500-year-old castle is a 15 stories building (only 10 floor remains after the earthquake of 1905) and has a traditional architecture. It is the tallest free-standing structure in the entire Western Himalayan region.
- Shangarh is a place in Tirthan valley for which one has to travel the villages of Larji, Sainj, Neuli and Ropa. According to the epic Mahabharat, Pandava brothers chose this site to build a stairway to heaven.
- The valley’s scenic camaraderie with nature is sure to leave you yearning for more. Long nature walks by the river covered in fog, wander off in the woods by yourself and get lost in the beauty and charm of Tirthan Valley.
- This beautiful valley is great for trekking, fishing, wildlife sanctuary, watching and exploring the under-explored hill villages and much more.
Where to Stay
As Tirthan valley is very famous and well known among the tourists, there are plenty of hotels and homestays in the valley. If you go for the trekking in Tirthan valley than you will also find camping and tent facilities to stay over there.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol should be prohibited
- No one can buy any illegal material as it is prohibited
- Instruction from the instructor should be strictly followed.
What To Pack
Here is your checklist for your treks. Make sure to pack these items.
- A rucksack with rain cover
- A Hand/Head Torch with spare batteries
- UV Protection Sunglasses
- A trekking pole
- Water Bottle
- A Full Sleeve Thick Jacket
- A Full Sleeve Sweater
- Thermal Inners
- Toilet Kit
- Hot Water Bags
- Non-skid deep trod hiking shoes -1
- Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals -1
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicine kit. Make sure you consult your doctor before the trek in case you have any special ailment.
- Dry fruits, energy bars