|LOCATION||Kasol, Parvati Valley|
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||October-June|
Tosh is a village situated at the end of Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh and is situated at a height of 7874 ft. that leads to Pin Parvati Pass. One can enjoy the mesmerizing view of some peaks such as Papasura (located at a height of 6,452 m) and white Sail (located on the height of 6,466m).
The beautiful Malana Glacier can also be viewed from the top of the pass. Himalayan trekking in this valley will take you through gorgeous, mesmerizing and streams which will make you fell in love with this place and also breathless. The best part of this trek is that you can choose the steady easy climb to the Tosh Glacier and can also choose the challenging Animal Pass according to your choice.
This trek also offers you best view of picturesque mountains, valleys and landscapes filled with snow. The temperature here is below the freezing point in winters. Also, the Tosh village is a peaceful village which gives you extremely beautiful views of the Himalayas and the lush green valleys. This trek will not only give you the best memories but will also delight your heart with the numbers of sights.
The gurgling Tosh River which blends with the rich water of the main river at Pulga is also an attraction to many trekkers. It is a land of boundless beauty. Winter trekking in this valley of Himalayas will leave you breathless with its mesmerizing streams and meadows. For the Tosh valley, one has to begin from Barsheni hike up to make pit stops at Buddhaban and the Tosh village.
Also Read Trek:
Advisory Things that should be reminded while going through this trek:
Ø Consumption of alcohol or of any other intoxicating products should be prohibited.
Ø If you are properly fit, only then undertake this trek. Consult with a physician before going to this trek.
Ø Avoid trekking during nights.
Ø Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains.
Ø Take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
Ø Do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites as the trek takes place through the eco-friendly zone.
Ø Personal toiletries and medications are musts.
Ø Warm clothes, jackets, raincoats, fleece jackets and thermals should be taken.
- Drive from Bhuntar to Tosh village and Trek to Buddha Ban which is located at a height of 3020m and takes 5 hours.
- Buddhaban to Sharam Thach which is located at a height of 3505m and takes 5 to 7 hours.
- Sharam Thach to Shamshi Thach which is located at the height of 3800m and takes 4 to 5 hours.
- Trek up to Animal Pass Lake and return Sharam Thach which is located at a height of 3505m which takes 6 to 9 hours.
- Trek from Shamshi Thach – Tosh and drive to Bhutar which takes 6 hours.
Also Read Trek:
What To Pack
Here is your checklist for your treks. Make sure to pack these items.
- A rucksack with rain cover
- A Hand/Head Torch with spare batteries
- UV Protection Sunglasses
- A trekking pole
- Water Bottle
- A Full Sleeve Thick Jacket
- A Full Sleeve Sweater
- Thermal Inners
- Toilet Kit
- Hot Water Bags
- Non-skid deep trod hiking shoes -1
- Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals -1
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicine kit. Make sure you consult your doctor before the trek in case you have any special ailment.
- Dry fruits, energy bars